Monday, November 24, 2008

The Movie


Okay, soon I will be posting more family pics, but for now I thought I would deviate slightly from my normal updates. Who saw the movie last weekend? I'm sure a lot of you did. :) I went with some girls from work and we had a great time. We all really loved the movie and we're all avid Twilight fans. Yes, we had to put up with some twitterpated teenage girls, but we weren't much better once the character, Edward, walked on the screen. :) There was a bigger mix of people in the theater than I was expecting. It seemed like quite a few boyfriends/husbands decided to make the sacrifice and and came with their loved ones. Of course the movie had to leave out some parts of the book- it's inevitable. They also added some ethnicity to the characters (I didn't think so and so was Asian, but whatever). They also took some liberties with some action scenes ( I'm pretty sure no one was climbing trees in the book). Otherwise I thought the characters were right on. Okay- maybe Jasper was a little too bug-eyed the whole time, but that's pretty much how he's described, so oh well. The leads were perfect and I'm glad we went to see it. I'm still trying to convince Beau to read the series (don't think it's going to happen), but I might be able to drag him to the movie since he's put up with me acting like a teeny bopper everytime the previews came on tv. What did you guys think of the movie? I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

2 comments:

Michele said...

I haven't seen the movie yet but I have heard it was really good. I can't wait to see it, I read all the books even!

Jenny D. said...

I went in with low expectations because I didn't want to be disappointed -- and I wasn't, I really liked it! And if it helps Beau, Chris read all the books and went to see the movie by himself since I was in AZ seeing it with girlfriends. Chris like the movie too!