Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day


Gwen and I left for Fort Bragg, N.C. last Friday and ran into some traffic along the way (busy traveling weekend). Despite the traffic, we made good time and were able to visit with Beau by Friday afternoon. I met Beau's roomates, Chip and Manny and it was nice to finally put faces to the names that I've heard so much about. I will say that I'm positive that Beau was lucky to get such great roomates and I enjoyed meeting both of them.


The three amigos- Manny, Beau and Chip

Saturday we were able to run some errands in town and, as Beau said in his post, eat some good food for our anniversary. :) Sunday I picked Beau up from his barracks and we headed to church at his brother, Jason's, ward. We were also able to see Niki Deca (our friend from D.C.) and AnnaMolgard which was great- I only wish we'd had more time to visit. After church we spent some much appreciated downtime at Jason and Jeanette's house. Here are some pictures from that afternoon.



Beau and Jason- and yes, Jason IS smiling.




Gwen and Victoria- Gwen just loved being with her cousins.



Kisses for Julian





Fun with Daddy.



We were sad to leave Beau and our family in N.C., but we'll be seeing them again in less than a month. Beau has about 3 more weeks of AIT and then Gwen and I will travel again to see him graduate. Hopefully we'll have more time to visit our friends and family then.


2 comments:

Layne said...

Sounds like a great trip. I always have a near audible sigh of relief whenever you get to see or talk to Beau.

Jen said...

I'm so glad you got to go visit and I can't wait to see pictures fro graduation.