Monday, April 21, 2008

They Might Be Giants

http://www.amazon.com/Here-Come-Bonus-Tracks-Video/dp/B000V5YOZ6/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1208833591&sr=1-1


Okay. I'll admit that I'd only heard two songs from They Might Be Giants- "Birdhouse in Your Soul" and "Istambul"-until I met Beau. Then he introduced me to the rest of their quirky, crazy, fun music. Well, they have produced several children's CDs and I happen to LOVE their latest. It's called "Here Come the 123's." I heard one of the songs on a day when I had the Disney Channel turned on. The more I listened, the more I liked it. I found the CD at Target when I was of course shopping for something else. It's one of the few children's CDs that I actually enjoy listening to. The songs are catchy and simple and get stuck in my head (and I don't mind). :) If you're looking for something different, but kid-friendly I'd recommend this one. Oh- click on the link to hear samples of the songs (I couldn't figure out how to download the songs from my cd, so hopefully you'll get the idea from this). Just press pause on my music (at the bottom of the blog) so you can actually hear it. Enjoy!

3 comments:

The Maschger Family said...

The Maschger family are BIG fans of They Might Be Giants. We frequently listen to the ABC's...we look forward to checking out 123's!

Love ya,
Tam

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to leave you a quick comment. I saw in one of your later posts about how Beau doesn't have a lot of privledges yet and how you think it will get better. It does as long as his group is good. I was to call them flights, but I know that is just the Air Force word, anyways by the end of Tech school he will be able to have weekends off. I loved tech school because I could actually talk to my husband on a daily basis. It was when I found out how to Text message! Unfortunately that is something that we do a lot now!!How long is his Tech school. William was in Tech school for about 13 weeks. It was a long time, but I was just so happy to talk to him on a daily basis again. I hope that you and gwen are doing well. It is not fun to be a seperated family!

Emily

Martin Family said...

Hey- checked this out on Amazon and you can get the CD and DVD new for 10.99. Usually kid songs drive me batty, but I think David and I could actually enjoy these. Might be a saver for a Road trip:)